I am headed to Long Beach, California June 25-29. I will be going in the capacity of a polyglot/polydigit interpreter. Here is what they are asking me to do. This should be fun.
- English to Spanish (voice)
- Spanish to English (voice)
- English to Mexican Sign Language
- Spanish to American Sign Language
- Mexican Sign Language to English
- American Sign Language to Spanish
- English to American Sign Language (not officially, but I am sure I will be doing a lot of that)
This is for the Deaf Baptist Fellowship of America (DBFA) conference. I have never been to DBFA before. It always conflicted with camp when I lived in the US. This year it is a pretty tight conflict too, but there is a week between this and camp here in Mexico.
I am excited about it too. There will be several old friends whom I certainly have not seen in the last 3 years, and some of them have been many more years than that.
Anyone know good running routes in Long Beach/LA?
3 thoughts on “California here I come!”
I bet you are going to hit a running store while you are there!
I am going to be posting to a couple of running forums the fact that I am going to be there and see if I can get recommendations on stores. I will only have a couple of hours each day that will be free. So I have to make best use of my time. Plus I will be depending on public transportation. I hope I don’t get too lost.